Monday, April 18, 2005

Baren sighted dancing Pagan-like next to fire! (New MMORPG review)

I have just spent the last 72 hours in Heaven. As you all know, I am a sucker for MMORPG's (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game), and recent news led me to a new one. Guild Wars is an MMO that is still in Beta, due to be released on April 26th-ish (date is in the air between the 26th-28th). I had the benefit of preordering the game, and as such got to participate in the Beta event held this past weekend. I can easily say that I will enjoy this game for a very long time. My first impression was: "Oh, God, another 'pay for play'." Not true. Thanks to the geniuses over at ArenaNet (offspring of Battle.Net) the online play is 100% FREE! Just as it SHOULD be, I'm looking at you Everquest, City of Heroes, SQUARE, etc. That is how MMO's should be. Buy the game and play for free. I don't insert a $20 bill into my PS2 to play Devil May Cry, do I? Anywho, here are some shots of the last hour of the Beta demo.



We all danced next to the large bonfire in the town square.




Necromancers know how to get down!



The night ended with some freebies and fireworks. I hope to God they don't do a server wipe after this.

I'm not even going to do a full review on this. Just look at the screenshots and you'll see.

Final Rating: 10/10
No other game in history has ever gotten me this excited. Buy it, Pre buy it, I don't care how you get it, just get it. I'll see you in Ascalon.

3 Comments:

At 3:38 AM, Blogger Me said...

That is just disturbing. However I know that you do play a mean air guitar ;)

I'll think about obtaining it, no guarentees but it does look absolutely awesome.

~ Mr. Me ~

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Dr. Worm (Matt) said...

Great humar, "Genso Kaiser plays a mean air guitar". Extreem comedy value and dancing half naked by a fire, I'm in. Thanks for the screen shots.

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

play neverwinter nights!! its great!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home