Saturday, January 22, 2005

Fate really IS a bitch.

I just received an email from a friend in Japan that told me that one of my former shipmates and close friend had been killed in a car accident on Jan 9. No alcohol was involved, but I'm willing to put money on the fact that a cell phone was. Steven "Bobby" Minner returned home after serving 4 years in the US Navy in Oct '04, 5 months after I had left the ship. He was only home for 3 months before the accident. Tell me that isn't messed up in the grand scheme. I've emailed the parents, asking permission to do a memorial here, and if I get the go ahead I'll have pictures and everything.

I'm to broken to write anything else right now. Who says Baren doesn't have a heart?

~Baren.

Oh, BTW, Mr. Me has been found. He apparently has a new janitorial job of some kind. I'll expect to hear less of him now. Much less....

5 Comments:

At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That really sucks, I'm sorry to here that Baren. I hope you can do the memorial.

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Dr. Worm (Matt) said...

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. If you need someone to talk to, I'm here for ya. We can do lunch or something.

 
At 4:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heres my mem for him..sorta.. www.geocities.com/tromano20/index.html I think that its on the fourth page..so just keep clicking next on it..yes..its on the last page..

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.geocities.com/tromano20/tromano2.html
tonya's little memorial for steven RIDE ON STEVE!

-lyle aka one of the moldsters minions (his old blu car)

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will the pain ever go away?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home