Friday, October 22, 2004

Has it ever occurred to you-the stupidity of some things?

I was flipping through channels today, waiting for my net connection to be reapaired, when I came across the Home Shopping Network, or QVC, (or one of those off the wall shopping channels, I don't know how many there are. Holy run-on sentance) They were selling money. I had to watch for a minute to let it sink in. They were selling $10 in quarters for $40.00. Now these were the 'state' quarters that everyone wants, but c'mon. I can get most of those 40 quarters from the bank for guess what? $10.00. Yeah, the bank might get pissed off about searching through rolls and rolls of minted quarters, but that's their job, not mine. Mine is to DO the pissing off.

Anyways, back on Rant. Home Shopping must be on time share or some shit, because I went to watch Comedy Central at 4AM, and guess what was on. (If you can't by now, turn off your computer, and throw it far away. You don't deserve it.) I went through 12 different Home Shopping channels at 4AM this morning (not including the one where the quarters were being sold) and that's alot when you only have 55 channels. On the selling money bit: I also saw one that was selling $5.00 coins for $20.00/each. So, this brings me to conclude, doing a little math in my head, that our money is actually worth 4 times face value. With this in mind, I'm gonna go buy a happy meal with $.50, and a new car with $6000.00. Let's get serious here. Anyone that pays $40.00 to get $10.00 back is a moron in my book. Darwinism needs to work a little faster.

That's all for now, see below for campaign update.
~Baren

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home