Thursday, December 07, 2006

Another Update.

I'm giving you something to read today. A blog. No, not this one, you special person you. I'm sending you to someone I would love to have as a friend and fear to have as an enemy. I'm going to give you 3 guesses as to where to find the link. I'll even give you a hint: Ever notice how some of my blog titles are black and others are orange? It's not for aesthetic purposes. Go back and check a few.

I'm not kidding. Go and check. You probably missed some cool shit.
...

...

Back yet? Welcome back.

As for something to read here, I'm going to entertain you with my recent adventures in FFXI. (That's Final Fantasy XI for those who live under a rock.) I think I just heard all 3 of my readers cry out in agony.

Bear with me.

I've been having alot more fun in the game since I moved out here with Ravenfnord and Elmyr. (Pronounced El-Meer') Not that I didn't have fun at home, but now I can organize events on the fly. I did my first Dynamis last Friday. I'll get to that. I promise. I've done 4 of my 7 Avatar fights for Summoner, and I finally got lvl 66 samurai. I've also done a bunch of worthless shit to be able to do all that. It's boring, so I'll spare you details. Let's just say that I gave enough cornettes to 1 man to have every person in the entire US military play their own flute, and enough La Thiene Cabbages to another to feed said military members. But it was worth it to fight and receive my Avatars. (For those on the slow side: Avatars are AKA summons or Aeons.) Let's look at some fights, shall we? (read: You read about it and envision it. You wanna know what they look like? That's what Google is for.)

1st up: Shiva. Frosty Bitch. Fight went as planned at the start. Seladora (A level 71 Paladin), Ravenfnord (a level 75 Samurai and my mentor), Vorondil (A level 67 White Mage), and I (A level 65 Samurai) went into the fight expecting the worst, hoping for the best. The others had been in these fights before, but with a full party of 6. This time, it was just us 4. Anyways, Sel is tanking Shiva effectively and Raven and myself are hacking away at her HP. Things are going good, couple hits here, couple Blizzard IV's there, and about halfway through, Shiva gets the notion to 2hr. (Uber-God attack that inflicts much pain.) Diamond Dust.

Shiva Uses Diamond Dust.

Seladora takes 287 points of damage.
Ravenfnord takes 166 points of damage.
Vorondil takes 406 points of damage.
Gensoden takes 1614 points of damage.
Gensoden was defeated by Shiva.

Bitch.

We (read: they) finished the fight proper, unloading everything on her. Vengeance is gorgeous, isn't it, whore? Fight ends, we leave and I get raised. Whisper of Ice is mine. Glee.

Next is Titan. Earth God. Not a hard fight at all. In fact, if we had 1 more person, we would have broken the record on this fight. Titan's 2 hr goes off about half way through, (Seeing a pattern yet?) and we all survive with minimum damage taken.

Titan Uses Earthen Fury.

Seladora takes 65 points of damage.
Ravenfnord takes 78 points of damage.
Gensoden takes 85 points of damage.

Vorondil was out of range for this one. I was shocked that this thing's 2hr was that pathetic. We murdered him. Flat out. Whisper of Earth? All ours.

Next is Leviathan. Godlike Sea Serpent, and awesome as hell. I was thrilled to do this fight.
We start the fight with everything going cookies until...
Leviathan uses Spring Water. Leviathan regains 287 HP.
Ok, nothing we can't get rid of..
Leviathan uses Spring Water. Leviathan regains 489 HP.
Goddammit. OK, let's try this again.
Leviathan uses Spring Water. Leviathan regains 312 HP.
Screw this.

Gensoden uses Hasso.
Gensoden uses Sneak Attack.
Gensoden uses Trick Attack.
Gensoden uses Tachi: Gekko.
Leviathan takes 387 damage.

Seladora uses Swift Blade.
Leviathan takes 197 damage.
Skillchain Darkness.
Leviathan takes 197 damage.

Ravenfnord uses Warcry.
Ravenfnord uses Berserk.
Ravenfnord uses Seigan.
Ravenfnord uses Third Eye.
Ravenfnord uses Tachi: Kasha
Leviathan takes 390 damage.

Eat steel you asshat.

Leviathan readies Tidal Wave.
Aw Shit.
Leviathan uses Tidal Wave.

Gensoden takes 134 damage.
Seladora takes 97 damage.
Ravenfnord takes 100 damage.

Leviathan gets his ass handed to him on a silver platter.
That's it? Whisper of Tides? Good as ours.

I'm going to stop there because my wrists are now killing me. Next time:
Ifrit, Ramuh, and Dynamis. (And maybe Garuda [Final avatar that I can get at my level] if we go fight her tonight.) Fenrir and Diabolos require work. MUCH work. Diabolos requires that I fight him twice. Not so bad, once we get through enough Chains of Promathia storyline to fight him. To get Fenrir, on the other hand, I have to go back and fight all the avatars AGAIN. (Except Diabolos.)

Until next time.
~Baren.

"Stop Breaking the law, Asshole!"
Liar Liar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home